Important: To ensure you receive all emails from The Staten Island Foundation, including those from our grant portal system, please add firstname.lastname@example.org and the domain: @thestatenislandfoundation.org to your safe senders list.
The following link will take you to the Grant Portal: Grant Portal
Once you log in, you will be on the Applicant Dashboard page.
Here you will be able to do the following:
- Submit a new application
- Submit a Progress Report or a Final Report
- Continue on to a saved application or a report already started
- View your history of previously submitted applications and reports.
Please note: by default, the dashboard will only show previous grants that were submitted under the applicant currently logged in.
If you are new to an organization, please do not overwrite the previous login information with your own. Instead, contact us to be added as a new user within your organization. If an applicant/user leaves an organization while a grant request is active, contact us to add the new contact person, and we will re-assign the grant request and any reports to a new user.
For New Applicants
- If you are invited to submit an application, you will be emailed the link with an Access Code to the appropriate online application to complete. Once you are on the Grant Portal page, click on the button: To create a new account. Complete the requested information for the organization which includes the organization’s name and tax ID number, the applicant contact information, and the chief executive of the organization. Then, complete the questions for the funding request.
- The applicant is the person responsible for initiating/completing the grant request for the organization (this may be the Development Director, Grantwriter, Executive Director, or other staff). The primary contact is the Executive Director/CEO.
- Your email address will be your login and you will set your own password. This email address will receive important notifications regarding the application.
Grant Portal Tips
- If you don’t remember your password, click the “Forgot Password” link on the login page after you enter your email address and follow the instructions to reset your password.
- Once you are logged in, you can change your password by clicking the “Edit Profile” link in the dropdown menu (displaying your name) in the upper right corner of your dashboard. You may also update your email address/mailing address/phone number in this area. Please contact Grants Manager, Marie Payne, or call (718) 697-2831 to update any changes to the organization’s address, or any other organizational information.
- To view complete grant request history for your organization, click “View Organization History” from the menu on the applicant dashboard. By default, the dashboard will only show previous grants that were submitted under the applicant currently logged in.
- If an applicant/user leaves an organization while a grant request is active, contact us to add the new contact person, and we will re-assign the grant request and any reports to a new user.
- You can print the Application Packet or the Question List in PDF format while working in the application.
- Please pay close attention to the instructions and character limitations for each field in the Application form. Character limits do include spaces. We recommend saving your responses in a Word document first, then cutting and pasting your answers, to avoid any loss of data.
- You may save your application and return to work on it later by clicking the “Save” button at the bottom of the form.
- When you are finished, be sure to click “Submit” or your application will not be received.
- You will not be able to make changes once the application is submitted; please contact us if you need to change anything on a submitted application.
- If you don’t see the request you’re looking for on your dashboard, it is probably “assigned” to someone else. Please contact us to determine which login it falls under, and let us know if you want it re-assigned.
Please contact Grants Manager, Marie Payne, or call (718) 697-2831 if you need further guidance.